Wow!! September is going to be so amazing.
First off, the time has arrived for our 2nd Annual Essential Oil Nurses Conference! Then this will be followed by doTERRA’s annual education convention in Salt Lake City.
The theme for this year’s Essential Oil Nurses (EORN) Conference is “GET IN FRONT”. And the doTERRA Convention’s theme is “TOGETHER”. I could not think of two more appropriate themes than these.
For the EORN attendees, this year’s speakers are going to inspire you to Get in Front of myths, misinformation and fear on the use of essential oil in healthcare.
To make sure as many people as possible can attend this event, we have an online, live-stream and recording option for everyone!! And nurses, you can earn continuing education credit even if you attend online.
Here is a peak at some of this year’s agenda by our passionate speakers.
- From Bench to Benchmark: Identifying Research for Clinical Studies – Nicole E. Sunderland, MSN, RN, SCRN, CCRN
- Essential Oil Yoga for the Nurse: An Active Survey Course – Nicole E. Sunderland and Sarah Hartman
- Using Aromatherapy in the Care of the Cancer Patient – Kami Schaal, RN, BSN, CHPN, CWOCN and Meghan Coleman, DNP, RN, CRNP, AOCNP, ACHPN
- Wild Orange: The Quiet Room Hero – Beth McKinzie, RN, BSN
- Be The Expert: From Apprehensive to Confident – Cassandra Herbert, MS, APRN/PMH-BC,ANH-BC, NBC-HWC
- Resolving the Conflict of Interest – Juli Reynolds, BSN, RN
- Essential Oils and Microbiology – Anne Calhoun, BS, BSN, RNC-NIC
- Essential Oils and Pain Management – Kami Schaal, RN, BSN, CHPN, CWOCN
- The Use of Essential Oils with Perinatal Patients – Megan Kelder, BSN
- Endogenous Cannabinoid System and how it relates with essential oils – Rita Hawthorne-Runnels, RN-C, CCH, CHHP
- Holistic Aromatherapy; Decreasing Pain, Nausea & Anxiety in Hospitalized Patients – Denise Joswiak, BSN, RN, HNB-BC
- Integration of Oils in The Clinical Setting – A Panel with Denise Joswiak, and Tonya McBride
- End Game: Nurse Wellness – Melissa Holt, RN
CONFERENCE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Define essential oil therapy
- Describe at least two levels of evidence related to essential oil therapy
- Provide an example of at least one strategy to implement essential oils into your professional nursing practice
- Identify two or more barriers to implementing essential oil therapy into the health care setting and one solution to overcome the identified barriers
- List three stake-holders that need to be considered when integrating essential oils into your healthcare setting
Want to catch up on last year's conference before you tune in live on Sunday? You can now purchase access to the recording for only $40! Click To Tweet
We can’t wait to have you join us, whether it’s in person or online. See you soon!