Looking to swap out some of your chemical-infused cosmetics for a more cost-effective, all-natural option?!
Look no further, here are 5 recipes that you are sure to love – and your skin will thank you for them later!
⅓ cup aloe vera gel (do not use juice or aloe from a plant as the cream won’t whip properly)
2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
2 tablespoons jojoba oil
½ tablespoon beeswax
10 drops Lavender oil
- In a medium saucepan, gently heat the almond and jojoba oils with the beeswax.
- Once melted, transfer your mixture to a deep mixing bowl. Leave to cool for an hour or until the mixture reaches room temperature.
- Slowly add the aloe vera gel and Lavender oil as you blend the mixture with a hand blender.
- Continue adding aloe until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Store in an airtight container and apply to skin liberally.
For the base:
2-4 drops Melaleuca oil
Add one or a combination of:
Bronze mica powder
- Start with a base of arrowroot powder in a small bowl. Add essential oil and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in one powder or a combination of cocoa powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg or mica powder until you reach your desired tone. Note: This can vary from one teaspoon for lighter skin to one tablespoon for darker skin.
If you want more of a compact foundation rather than a powder, you can add some coconut oil to the mixture and press it into a compact. Start with five drops, and continue adding until it reaches your desired texture!
GERANIUM COCONUT EXFOLIATOR
1 cup organic virgin coconut oil
1 cup Pink Himalayan (or Epsom) salt
¼ cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
15 drops Geranium oil
- Melt coconut oil in microwave.
- Add Fractionated Coconut Oil and Pink Himalayan Salt to melted coconut oil.
- Stir until combined.
- Add essential oil.
- Let sit until coconut oil solidifies, stirring every 10 minutes. Tip: Put in refrigerator to speed up the cooling process, or store in the refrigerator in the summer months then remove for a few hours before using it.
- Stir until well combined and store in an air-tight container.
- To use, rub on skin and rinse with warm water.
CEDARWOOD BRONZING STICK
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, for bronzer (you could also use 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder)
- Add beeswax, shea butter, cocoa butter, grapeseed oil, and vitamin E to glass jar and place in saucepan with one to one and a half inches of boiling water.
- Stir ingredients until combined (around 5–10 minutes).
- Once melted, remove from heat and let rest three minutes.
- Add essential oil and stir.
- For a bronzing effect, add one teaspoon of ground cinnamon and stir until combined. Tip: Use a popsicle stick for easy cleanup.
- Pour into container. Let cool one to two hours before use.
CLAY FACIAL MASK
- Combine clay and vinegar in bowl and stir until well combined.Tip: For a thicker mask, add an additional half teaspoon of clay.
- Add essential oils.
- Apply to clean skin, avoiding the areas around eyes and mouth.
- Let dry for 5–15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and follow with DIY Lavender Moisturizer.
Apply once a week for best results!